Start a new topic

Start Up

Hello. When I open Miro all that appears is the screen but in very dark grey colour. The only tag that is responsive when clicked is when I drag or choose files to drop in for conversion. All other buttons are not responding.

Can anybody help please as I love the programme?

1 person has this problem

The same thing happens to me in the latest Ubuntu fresh install of 13.04. No other applications running.

Memory: 7.8GiB

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor x 6

Graphics: GeForce GTX 580/PCIe/SSE2

OS type: 64-bit

Disk: 8.6 TB

I'm also running version 6.0 of Miro if that helps.

$ miro --version
using /usr/bin/gdb

Miro (6.0)
Mine started working in Ubuntu after this. It is a downgrade to version 4.0.4 at this time, but it works.

$ sudo apt-get purge miro
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pcf/miro-releases
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install miro

If you get the following error when you launch Miro:

Error: Database too new - You have a database that was saved with a newer version of Miro. You must download the latest version of Miro and run that.

You will have to dump your settings and database (as I don't know of a workaround) by issuing the following commands. (Please note, I'm not responsible if you type it in wrong or do not recognize that you are not in the users hidden ~/.miro directory. The following commands should be used with caution and by someone that know what these commands do.)

$ cd ~/.miro
$ rm -R *

Launch Miro and re-setup all your stuff. Enjoy!

To get back to version 6.0 on Ubuntu 13.04 the instructions on the following link, worked for me. (You might need to update the dependencies version in the instructions to get the dependency installed.)

http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-miro-6-on-ubuntu-13-04-raring-ringtail-and-linux-mint-15-olivia/

Hope it helps! :-D

Login or Signup to post a comment